Air Traffic Controller – The London Heliport
The London Heliport located on the River Thames at Battersea is a licensed aerodrome which has served the international business community for nearly sixty years providing helicopter access to the heart of the capital. We strive to provide a high-quality, flexible service to meet the needs of our customer-base which also includes Government, Military, Diplomatic and Public Service operations (including Air Ambulance).
Having achieved ANSP certification in 2016 we are now recruiting for the position of Air Traffic Controller to improve the service levels we provide. The unit is about to undergo an upgrade to its communications (VCCS, Voice Recording and VHF 8.33kHz channel) and meteorological systems.
Reporting to the Senior Air Traffic Controller (SATCO), the main responsibilities and duties include:
To carry out Air Traffic Control functions as directed by the Air Traffic SATCO:
- To provide operational Air Traffic Control services in compliance with published procedures and documentation, (MATS Pt. 1 and 2)
- Responsible for the management of the flying programme and movement of aircraft in cooperation with a small duty team of heliport colleagues from the RFFS/ Ground Handling and Operations Co-ordination teams as well as liaison with own Air Traffic Control team colleagues in controlled handover ATC of duty watch functions.
- To assist in the provision of safety management both in the air and on the movement area
- On successful validation to carry out specialist duties (including training instruction) to assist in the management of the ATC unit.
- CAA Air Traffic Control previously validated ADV/ADI rating.
- Practical experience in an Air Traffic Control environment
- Experience of working as a lone ATCO
- Knowledge of SRATCOH regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EASA regulatory regime.
- Understanding of customer needs
- Communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivation, flexibility and working as a team player
- Eligible to work in the UK and provide proof of identity and address
- You need to be able to provide employment history over the last 5 years
- You need to provide a character reference for the last 5 years
- You must be able to obtain a CAA Class 3 European Aviation Medical Certificate
- You must be able to achieve ICAO English Language Proficiency Certificate at Level 5 or higher
- OJTI endorsement
- Meteorological Observer qualification
- Air Traffic Control: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Air Traffic Control Rating ADI/ADV
This is a full time position based on a shift pattern which will include early morning, evening shifts and weekend work, as well as Bank Holidays, based on a Shift roster. Success candidates will be required to undergo CRB security checks in order to obtain an airside pass.
Salary details available on application. Additional allowances available for specialist roles and duties subject to qualifications where applicable.
To apply for this role please send your current CV and covering letter to the Heliport Manager, Simon Hutchins by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to S.Hutchins, London Heliport, Bridges Court, Battersea, London, SW11 3BE.