Aviation Security Officer
London Oxford Airport is one of the busiest business and general aviation airports in the United Kingdom. London Oxford Airport has achieved the globally recognised IS-BAH Stage 2 accreditation delivering exceptionally high standards of Business Aviation passenger and aircraft handling.
Responsible To: Security Duty Manager
Contract: Full time hours
Shift Pattern: 12 hours shifts Days and Nights, 4 on 4 off.
£8.50ph starting pay, plus flight screening premium.
Purpose of Job:
To ensure the safe and smooth transition of passengers, staff and airport users whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
To prepare you for taking on the role, you’ll undergo a four-week training period. The first two weeks are on a 09:00-17:00 Monday-Friday schedule, based at the terminal at the airport. This is followed by two weeks of training in the operation to complete competency based training.
You must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, whilst additional language skills are desirable but not compulsory. Our Security Officers are required by legislation to have full colour vision and the capability to appropriately perform a range of duties. It’s also important that you are physically fit as the role will require you to spend periods of time sitting, standing, bending and walking. The minimum age requirement is 18 due to clearance legislation.
You will also be required to pass through a range of referencing and vetting checks, including a Criminal Record Check and Counter Terrorism Check. You must have lived in the UK for at least 3 years with a 5-year work history, unless in education.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Screen all personnel passing through the Archway Metal Detectors and manual body searching where necessary.
- Controlling of access to the Critical Parts of the airdrome, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access.
- Resolve queries from customers and assist them with their journey through their airport.
- Read and adhere to security notices, completing documentation clearly and concisely on any incidents that may have occurred.
- Responding to and assisting with emergency situations such as aircraft emergencies, terminal evacuations and security incidents.
- Carry out patrols of the airside / landside areas to ensure that these locations are secure (i.e. any suspicious persons identified and their presence is justified, airside/landside doors are secure, etc.)
- Attending to and investigating reports of any unattended baggage.
- Aircraft guarding and escort duties within the Critical Part.
- Enforcement of the airport byelaws by foot patrols of all airport property.
- Assisting passengers and customers with their general enquires.
- Support the Security Admin team with ID Pass Processing and provide ID Pass
- Ability to listen actively to others.
- Consistently checks understanding of communication by questioning or requesting feedback.
- Has the ability to recognise the potential sensitivity of the communication and exercise good judgement in how the content is presented.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner in a format appropriate to the recipient.
- Consistently produces reports that are clear and concise using appropriate language and presentation.
- Demonstrate an awareness of non-verbal language and using it appropriately to support and emphasise oral communication. Customer Focus
- Understanding of who the customer is (internal and external)
- Actively listen to the customer, using feedback and questioning to understand their needs.
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of customers’ needs.
- Ability to deal with variety and difficult situations/customers.
- Act consistently with routines and procedures when dealing with customer.
- Supports team objectives, committed and willing to compromise own views in order to achieve this.
- Understanding of own role in the team and an appreciation of the roles of other team member.
- Appreciates the importance of diversity within the team, the strengths and limitations of each team member.
- Personal Responsibility & Credibility Receptive and accepting to change.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to resolve issues and delight customers
- Suggests, develops & implements practical and/or innovative solutions in order to resolve problems.
- Always acts in accordance with values and professional standards.
- Willing to learn new skills, try new ideas and initiatives.
- Observation Skills- Active awareness & assessment of surroundings, activities & people. Takes appropriate & consistent action.
- Ability to Follow Instructions – Acts in accordance with policy & procedures.
- Attention to Detail – Quality, Commitment, Timeliness, Seeks support/advice. Business & Financial Awareness
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of personal, team and company objectives.
- Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers and commits to exceeding customer expectations